Organizations need healthy and productive people. Employee ill health, passive behaviour, absenteeism and declining productivity are among the main concerns for employers. Stress and substance use continue to be a major cause of illness and decline in employee performance. Factors such as certain psychological conditions, sleep problems, low self-esteem and alcohol abuse affect business performance by reducing productivity while increasing absenteeism. Many of these factors are preventable or changeable for the better.
Employer care of employees through EAP leads to concrete benefits such as:
- Less absenteeism;
- Fewer wasted working hours due to personal worries, anxiety and depression;
- Reducing workplace stress;
- Increasing employee motivation, loyalty and morale;
- Improve efficiency and performance at work;
- Create a sense of community and better emotional health within the company;
- Better readjustment at work after absences due to illness, maternity, etc. ;
- Retaining key personnel and attracting professionals from competing companies through the company's good social policy;
- Building an image as a socially responsible employer.